Employment / Jobs / Work


Learn English First

Most jobs require good English language skills.
To find out about English as an Additional Language (EAL) classes, call IALA (Interlake Adult Learning Association) at 642-5759. English classes can be during the day or evening.
Additional help with English can be provided at your workplace. This can help you to quickly learn the English you need for work. This program is called English at Work or Workplace Education Manitoba.


You can volunteer at community organizations to gain experience and connections with people. Ask the manager if they want volunteers. You can help in the community, learn more English, and it may help you find work.

Professional Credentials

If you need information about getting your professional credentials recognized, contact the Settlement Services office or:

  • Immigrant Credentials and Labour Market Branch, 1-204-945-6300
    5th Floor